rue du foin, Paris 75003
The building constructed in the mid 1700’s and listed by the French Monuments Historiques is located one short block from the Place des Vosges. In the 18th century it was a coach house and stable.
The private entrance opens directly onto a beautiful planted cobblestoned courtyard. The access from the street is restricted by electronic code. The neighborhood is quiet and residential.
The apartment measures 37 sq m (400 sq feet), and retains the original ceiling beams; it has a renovated designer kitchen and bathroom, and a separate wc.
The front two rooms have been opened up to make a light and pleasant double studio. All amenities are new as of February 2007: queen size bed; sunken bathtub; fully-equipped separate kitchen; central heat; double glazed windows; telephone with answering machine, high speed internet connection and wifi, cable television, dvd player and cd player / radio, washer / dryer. Excellent lighting.
The apartment is ideal for two people, although it has a sofabed for a child or the occasional visitor.